Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lisa On Demand Rises

Yay blog post! I've been reading all of your posts. Apologies for the lack of participation... finals. I also haven't seen really anything you guys have been talking about, so I don't have much to say anyway. But I am now on winter break, so I should be able to post again, at least for a while. Here's what I've seen lately:

-Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Unlike John, I thought the Dark Knight Rises trailer was great. I'm excited to see it. The movie itself was decent -- it was pretty similar to the first Sherlock Holmes movie but not as good. But it was a fun exciting adventure type movie, and it starred Robert Downey Jr., so I liked it. Also, he rode a miniature horse in the movie - that was full of win. (And no, fellow Parks & Rec fans, the horse was not as cute as Li'l Sebastian.)

-The Conspirator. This one was about the trial of Mary Surratt, who was accused of conspiring to kill Abraham Lincoln. It was really good I thought. James McAvoy gave a great performance, as usual. Robert Redford directed it, and his style made me feel like I was watching a play, which I really like -- but I could also see some people not liking that. But anyway I would recommend this one if you are into the whole Lincoln assassination story like I am. Also, is it just me or can Kevin Kline play pretty much any character ever?

-The Adjustment Bureau. This one was not exactly what I was expecting. Did anyone else see it? I guess because of the previews and the fact that it starred Matt Damon, I was expecting something a little closer to the Bourne movies, because I think it was advertised that way. But it was actually like a romance/sci-fi movie, based on a story by Phillip K. Dick. I was pretty entertained by it, although it was kind of silly. Every time the adjustment bureau members showed up wearing their hats I was trying not to giggle. (I don't think the movie took itself that seriously though, which I kind of liked.) There was also a big religious theme that I just wasn't expecting. But regardless, it was fun to watch and somehow despite the silliness I found myself getting sucked into the world of the film. (Surprise surprise, right?)

-Deck the Halls. A made-for-TV movie on TNT which was a combination mystery and holiday movie, based on a book written by Mary Higgins Clark and starring the illustrious Kathy Najimy. Absolutely horrible. Even worse than it sounds.

Miss you guys - glad to be back! I'm sure I'll be watching tons of movies over break, woohoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment