Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ben's Indie List and Funny Games

I haven't seen Funny Games, but I do have the original version in my NWI queue. Maybe I'll take a watch and weigh in on the debate. I'm not familiar with the director. Which one of his movies would you guys recommend to start for someone who hasn't seen any of them?

Ben - From your list, I've seen We Don't Live Here Anymore (love it, have owned it for years, always recommend it to people), Dakota Skye (loved it too, cute romance), and Good Dick (honestly I'm not sure how I felt about it... I love Jason Ritter but the movie was a bit much for me... but I think it's probably an accurate representation of what that situation would be like if you'd been sexually abused). I have all of the rest of the ones on your list in my queue, actually (including The Go Getter and Gigantic too) -- The Exploding Girl was the next one I had in mind to watch because Netflix actually thinks I'll give it 5/5 stars. Which on your list do you recommend starting with?

Along with 500 Days of Summer and Dakota Skye, my favorite indies that I've seen within the last few months are:
  • Peter & Vandy (easily one of my favorite movies ever)
  • Broken English (I love Parker Posey)
  • My Girlfriend's Boyfriend (love Alissa Milano too)
  • Weather Girl (an indie romantic comedy with a happy ending! I know you don't believe me but it's true)
  • TiMER (kind of weird, but I liked it)
Movie club is fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment