Sunday, March 27, 2011

Re: Not So Funny Games

Jeffrey - thanks for the heads up about Funny Games, I really appreciate it. I hate being such a wimp.

I tend to like psychological thrillers (to a certain extent), but not horror movies or slasher films or anything gory, overly scary, overly disturbing, or anything with creepy kids or zombies. (Sorry everyone.) It's just not worth it for me, I can't handle having those images in my head. I would say my favorite horror movies are The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs (is that really a horror movie though? I guess it's a psychological thriller), Carrie, Jaws (I don't think that's a horror movie either), and The Ring (The Ring is about as scary as I can go, it kept me up for nights). I have been too chicken to watch The Shining, but I think I will probably like it- it's been in my queue for a while. There may be a few others I'm not thinking of. But I definitely would not call myself a fan of the genre. I LOVE Hitchcock movies, but I think those are psychological thrillers. Psychological thrillers I would say I am definitely a fan of the genre... but my issues discussed in my last post obviously limit my viewing of some of them.

I would say Dogtooth is one you can probably skip. I was curious whether anyone had seen it, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, although I did think it was interesting. But it didn't blow my mind. There are definitely better things to watch, I wouldn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment