Sunday, March 27, 2011

Golddiggers

I know what you're thinking... seriously Lisa, 3 posts in one day? It's just that I finally watched the movie Priceless and I had to write about it immediately in case any of you were planning on watching it tonight... in hopes that I could stop you from wasting 2 hours of your life.

What the hell? Has anyone seen this? I love Audrey Tautou (she's such a great actress, and so pretty... I always wished I looked like that), and I love French movies (pretty language too). But this was just horrible. A more appropriate name for the movie would have been Golddiggers, so that's what I titled this post. It was basically about a golddigging prostitute who mistakes a hotel bartender for a rich hotel guest, spends all his money until he is literally broke, realizes he is broke and then leaves town, and of course he follows her, like a complete idiot. So now, knowing he is broke, she spends more of the money he doesn't have, racking up a huge hotel and credit card bill that he can't pay because he does not have one euro left to his name. So of course - somehow didn't see this coming - he decides to follow suit and become a gigolo, and they hold a competition for who can get more stuff out of their rich bedmates. I won't "ruin" the rest of the movie by telling you the whole plot, in case you decide to make a terrible life choice and watch it. But I will say that the characters are insufferable and completely unrelatable, and I thought the movie might get better toward the end but it never did. Officially hated it.

Ben, I really love the **NSFL** rating, it's perfect... everyone should feel free to use that in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment