Sunday, June 26, 2011

I want to hire John to ghostwrite my subject lines

Hey guys, I had a lot of fun today -- John, thanks for organizing the outing, it was awesome, and Brandon thanks for driving (and for the communal Genny). It was great to meet Tara! And Jeff thanks for showing up with your awesome new beard. :) I was so happy to meet you guys in person, you are all so awesome and likeable. Film club rocks. Also, you didn't murder me and throw my body into the gorges. Yay! Ben and Jason, you were definitely missed. I really wish you both could have been there, and I know everyone else felt the same. We'll have to do this again.

I have to say, I've never been questioned like that about my taste in American indie films (and I guess documentaries), it has never seemed weird to me before that I like watching them and I think I gave a horrible defense/explanation for why I do. I actually think I failed the film club test in general... you guys are all sitting there talking about auteur theory and all these directors, and I'm the idiot sitting there with "indiscriminate" taste in which movies I watch. ;) I really am not film-intellectual enough (I just made that up, good term right?) to be in this club I don't think, I am definitely questioning my own taste at this point. Hopefully the in-person outing didn't solidify my place as the first ever person to be kicked out of film club, I was kind of hoping it might get me re-admitted, but now I'm not so sure about that. Maybe things will turn around once I turn 28 in a couple weeks, right Brandon? ;)

I missed The Lower Depths I guess, it's gone from NWI. And Jason, Meek's Cutoff is also gone from theaters in NYC, I'm pissed about that too. What's the next '30's film we're tackling, did I miss it in the midst of the Midnight in Paris posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment