Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yay Brandon's Back!

Hi Brandon - CONGRATS on the label and the release, that is so awesome!!!! You have to give us the details so I can go out and buy it since I couldn't come hear you guys play in NYC. :) Also, I just wanted to say I totally agree with you about the article I posted. It's actually why I ended up hating the master's program I was in. Everyone was so pretentious and couldn't watch a fun movie without bashing it and then would like swirl their wine and say, we should watch Last Year At Marienbad to wash that taste out of our mouths, and I mean, that's a good film and everything but like, seriously? I don't know if anyone here watches South Park, but the portrayal of Stan in this past week's episode reminded me of them, they thought everything that wasn't surrealist or black and white or French was shit and couldn't just enjoy a movie for what it was, which I hated so much. Which is all to say I totally agree with you, I usually find myself straddling that fence (obviously since I'm the idiot posting on here about romantic comedies), and I actually felt like the authors of the article could see the merits of watching both types of films, which was why I liked it. Anyway thanks for the post! Also, I'm jealous that you worked at Barnes and Noble, I've always wanted to work in a bookstore. ;)

You guys, since my last post I've watched 3 Linklater films. I'll post about them probably tomorrow, I need time to process.

Also, I get so excited every time I see a Film Club post in my Google Reader - I'm glad I was invited to join.

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment