Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm in

I'm in for the 1930s thing - everyone watching the same movie each week is a great idea. What's the first one we should do?

I'm also almost done with season 3 of BSG. I'm glad the discussions on here pushed me to continue it because Ben you are right it is still fantastic and gets back to the old goodies after the first couple episodes of the 3rd season. I'm getting re-obsessed, I can't stop watching it. Good TV is good TV. And John, I had the same reactions to the show's themes. In fact, I have to say the themes continue to get more diverse and interesting as the episodes go on. The show is brilliant in that respect. But you're right, definitely hard to talk about without giving away spoilers. Also, the smoking on the ship - so funny, right? :) I love the stylistic elements of the show too.

Ben, I'm glad to hear you liked An Education. I've been toying with watching that one for a while now. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on it this weekend.

Speaking of which, I have been sitting here staring at the Netflix envelope for Blue Valentine all week trying to get up the courage to watch it.

In other news, I guess I should probably see Meek's Cutoff soon I guess if it's going out of theaters already...

No comments:

Post a Comment