Friday, June 3, 2011

"In Defense of Slow and Boring"

Back when I was getting my master's in theater/film/TV criticism, A.O. Scott was always one of my favorites to read. I thought you guys might be interested in his latest article, which defends Meek's Cutoff and Tree of Life in the world of Hollywood blockbusters. Here you go!

As far as the King Kong showing goes, I am coming home the following weekend, so I was not really planning on coming home... but it's only a 3 hour drive and I really have no plans except a date I don't want to go on. So if film club decides to go see it, I will definitely drive up and come with you guys. I actually have never seen it! Just let me know what you guys decide.

2 comments:

  1. I just read that today too. I also read a really interesting essay about Black Swan that you might like. Black Swan and Bathrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great essay, thanks Ben! Very interesting perspective. Right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete