Saturday, July 16, 2011

Deep in the 100 acre wood

Winnie-the-Pooh: Favorite movie of the year. :) It was seriously so great. Hilarious and adorable and done in traditional animation for once instead of CGI. All ye with kids, you should totally show it to them at some point. But I have to say the adults in the audience loved it the most. The wordplay in the movie is fantastic. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Silly old bear.

Chris - I love The Twilight Zone! I used to watch it with my mom when I was little. The episodes used to scare me half to death - but what a great show. I am also a huge Joss Whedon fan, including Firefly. And I know Ben and I have both seen Twin Peaks (love it!), although for me it's been about 5 years. May need to do a rewatch of that, I'm a bit fuzzy on most of it. I watch Weeds also. I actually did not like last season, I thought they got totally off track with things. I agree that this season is lackluster as well. The stakes are SO low compared to previous seasons. I started really hating Nancy last season, I thought she was indiscriminately fucking everyone's lives up... but I guess at least she had Stevie as an excuse... this season she has no excuse whatsoever and I continue to hate her. She is probably the most selfish character on TV. Also, I miss Guillermo. (My guy friends from home always greet me with "Hola Blanca" haha.) I used to watch Curb but I had to cancel my HBO this year because it was all getting too expensive. I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD once it's over. (Or maybe I can catch it on my parents' On Demand - I've actually gotten my mom into it lately.) I agree, season 4 was definitely the last great season for them. (Why the hell did they have them get divorced? That whole thing was totally weird.) But I don't want him to stop doing it either. :) Weeds, on the other hand - I think their time has come.

Brandon - Congrats on the recording, that's awesome. :) And I am also a huge Louis C.K. fan. His standup is great.

I really need to see Certified Copy.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had kids so that I had an excuse to go see Winnie the Pooh in theaters. I bet it's awesome. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well I went without kids - so you could just be a total creeper like me. Seriously it was so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete