Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I survived the bachelorette party!

I'm alive guys, don't worry! Various responses:

Ben, that's one of the absolute best scenes of Closer. "Thank you for your honesty. Now fuck off and die." It's one of my favorite movies.

I'm glad Jason loved The Village too, I knew he'd have my back on that one. My friends always make fun of me for liking it. But hey, I'm used to that. (PS I was also surprised by the ending.) I liked The Happening too. I liked The Village better though.

I love Garden State and especially its soundtrack! Brandon you are infinitely cooler than me, especially when it comes to music. I like "indie" bands, but I am not a hipster. I think with this one it just comes down to the fact that there's no accounting for taste. I can see this style seeming really affected and annoying to people. Also I don't mind Zach Braff, but if you do, I can see how you would be annoyed by the whole thing. But I'm not annoyed by any of it, instead of it seeming like a Zach Braff ego stroke to me it seemed simple and earnest and quirky. I love it for a million reasons, but just one of them is that I was on the shitty breaking up end of a long distance relationship at the time, and that was how I wished it had ended instead. (Fuck the ellipsis...) Maybe that affected me an inordinate amount or something. But even without that context today I still absolutely love it, so I guess not. I might watch it again tonight, I love it so much. "So what do we do? What do we do?..."

Like Jason, I also own the soundtrack plus three Shins albums. Suck it haters. ;)

I didn't see The Passion. Blech! Blood! (They should call me for movie poster blurbs.) But I like Jesus Christ Superstar - London revival cast. Great musical.

Brandon, I'll put Hall Pass in my queue before Netflix jacks up the prices and I cancel my DVD subscription.

I want to see No Impact Man, it's been in my queue forever. I haven't watched it because I thought it would make me feel really guilty for using AC or accidentally leaving my cable box on sometimes or being grossed out by composting. Guess I was right. I'll still watch it eventually though, I deserve to feel guilty.

I'm disappointed that Green Lantern was not great. Ryan Reynolds is a hottie.

Black Death sounds sad. But okay, if you guys say so.

This weekend I watched Sherlock Holmes again for the 3rd time with my Dad. Such a great movie. I also watched The Lincoln Lawyer for a second time. Much better on a second viewing when I wasn't so worried about how it matched up with the book. Also, I watched Little Women with my friends the night before the bachelorette party. (Yeah, I thought that was weird too.) I've seen it about 8000 times. It's soooo sad. How was that my favorite book when I was little? Masochist.

Also, John, I think what I had for lunch is usually the main thing that determines whether I like a movie or not. Or dinner. Speaking of which, Jeff, stop talking about chocolate, in Jesus form or otherwise. I'm hungryyyy. Time to go meet my sister for beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment