Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh well

I'm with Brandon on the Harry Potter thing. I was too old or something, I don't know, I never got into it. I had read and loved the Tolkein books like 6 years before the Potter books came out, and I think when the first book came out I was reading Anna Karenina... I started reading the first book in the store and I guess compared to that it seemed so kid-ish (and I mean at B&N you literally had to walk into the children's section to get it), not that I mind reading YA books, actually sometimes I like reading them. But the kids I gave piano lessons to were always squealing about it, so I guess it just held little appeal for me at the time as far as reading it myself. Obviously the series didn't end up being kid-ish, but it was like, by that point I had missed the boat. I never read them and just missed the whole thing. But I'm not anti-Potter at all, I think it ended up being a great series, and like Brandon said, what a great thing it did in terms of getting kids to read. At this point I just feel kind of left out. I always say maybe one day I'll read the series. Maybe like Brandon I'll read them to my kids one day. But I've seen movies 1-5 though! I liked them, they were really entertaining, even without having read the books. I'm sure I'll finish the movies eventually, but I have no plans to catch up just to see the last one in theaters with all the screaming fans. :)

My wireless internet is broken, and therefore my Netflix is broken. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment