Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer

John - you might end up liking it. It's so hard for me to pretend like I haven't read the book and say whether it's good or not. My sister did not read the book and she liked the movie, she said she was really engaged in it and invested in the characters and everything. But she was also kind of confused in places and asked me about a million questions after the movie. She also said she could tell that they had "Hollywood-ified" aspects of it. (Which of course they did.) But she liked it. So maybe you will like it too, since you haven't read the book. For me there's no saving it, especially since I loved the book SO much. I thought the book was so much more exciting than the movie and I just think it was a poor adaptation. I question a lot of the screenplay and direction choices that were made, I think they could have done such a better job with it. But I mean I'm sure I'm just being overly sensitive because I really wanted people to like the movie since I liked the book so much. Let me know if you do end up seeing it, I'll be interested to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment