Thursday, May 19, 2011

Uh oh...

Did you guys hear about this? von Trier banned from Cannes for Nazi comments. The video of him is REALLY... awkward?... to say the least. Yikes. Melancholia is still in the running though.

Jason - I'm so glad to find another Patricia Clarkson fan! Every time I mention her name, nobody knows who I'm talking about. I actually haven't seen The Station Agent - it's been in my queue for quite a while but hasn't made it to my house yet. Netflix thinks I'll give it 5 stars, so I should probably move it up. Also, I'm so glad you liked my nerdy science post! I love new suggestions in that area especially, and Netflix does have it (although checking it out from the library is a good idea) -- thanks. It sounds right up my alley. I haven't read the Kick-Ass comic, but I should find it. I didn't even know there was one, but I guess it makes sense that there would be. I really liked the music in the movie - I thought it was all really well selected and well placed in the film, especially the two that you mentioned. (Although I never saw 28 Days Later or Sunshine, so I didn't know the songs were used in those too.) As far as Amy Adams goes, I didn't like Enchanted, but she has really grown on me since then. Her performances in Doubt and Sunshine Cleaning made me change my mind about her. And I like Leap Year, not surprisingly. :) I haven't seen Julie & Julia or Junebug yet, but I plan to.

No comments:

Post a Comment